Here are the Qualifications from our Constitution and Bylaws on becoming a Member. Please communicate with Pastor Sheldon if you have any questions concerning these qualifications.
The standard of membership for this church shall be as follows:
- Must be 18 years of age or older, and have actively participated in Destiny for at least 4 months.
- Testimony and evidence of a genuine experience of being born again and a consistent Christian life marked by the fruit of the Spirit, not the sins of the flesh. (John 1:1-13; 13:3-8; 2 Cor. 5:17; Eph. 4:17-32; 1 Pet. 1:18-25)
- Baptism in water by immersion, or willingness to be so baptized (except where this is physically impossible). (Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47,48; Rom. 6:4-6)
- Be open to receiving all that the Holy Spirit has for the believer. (Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:1-6)
- Full agreement with the Tenets of Faith of the Assemblies of God and a willingness to be governed by this Constitution and Bylaws as it exists or may later be amended. (1 Cor. 6:1-8; Phil. 1:27; 2:2)
- Agreement with, and active support of, the mission, vision and Pastoral leadership of this church. (Phil. 2:12-14; Heb. 13:17)
- Faithful participation in the life and ministries of this church through regular attendance in its services, giving of tithes and offerings, and involvement in one or more of its ministries. (2 Cor.16:1, 2; Eph. 4:12, 16; Heb. 10:25; James 2:17, 18, 26)
- Successful completion of whatever application, teaching, interviews or study the Senior Pastor deems necessary.