We are almost to the finish-line of 2013 and will soon be moving into the new year. Already, I am excited about the great things that are in store for Destiny Church in 2014. However, I’m convinced that these great things don’t just happen without the intervention of God.
One of the most powerful scripture verses in the Bible deals with the issue of God’s people (that’s us) praying. Check it out! 2 Chronicles 7:14 “Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.”
In light of this promise, we are going to start off our new year a bit different than in the past. We are going to start our new year in prayer! From January 5-25th, we are going to set aside a season of prayer and fasting trusting that God is going to do some also miracles in this new year. We invite you to join us at that the church before work Monday through Friday from 6-7am and Saturday from 8-9am for a time of prayer focusing on the following areas.
- Believing God for answered prayer to our specific needs.
- Declaring our dependence on God in every area of our lives.
- Asking for forgiveness for our sins and the sins of our land.
- Praying for the completion of the Great Commission.
- Inviting the Presence of God in our church and our lives.
- Crying out to God for revival in our generation.
Also, make plans now to join us on Wednesday, January 8th at 6:30pm for a Night of Praise & Worship.
Let’s join together and commit to make this year different. Let’s commit it to God!